Saturday, May 14, 2011

Snuggly baby

Hubs and I are incredibly snuggly people. We love hugging, sitting close to each other, holding hands. Anyway, I was skeptical as to whether or not big guy was going to be snuggly. As a baby, he was very snuggly, well, b/c he ate every meal with me and had no other choice! But as a toddler, he is very much on the move, and thus not always in the mood to sit with me. However, then spring break came.

Big guy spent nine days with me uninterrupted. There wasn't a time, except when I showered, where big guy wasn't with me. I think we were both desperate for it. He always wanted hugs, to be picked up, and to sit on my lap. I assume most moms would be pissed off by this development- but not me. I love those hugs. He said "Mama" constantly and even when hubs was home!

My favorite new hug- when I pick him up, he wraps his legs around my waist, his arms around my neck, and rests his head on my shoulder. I instantly am calm when he does this. And since spring break, he's stayed snuggly. I'm so excited summer starts in 5 weeks. I get to be with big guy for 2 whole months. I already have some activities planned, but I'll talk about them more later. For now, I'm enjoying my snuggly baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment