Thursday, August 29, 2013

New Hampshire trip- day seven

Thursday turned out to be the one yucky, rainy day of the week!  Since we couldn't go to the beach, we went to see Zeus, arguably the world's largest horse.  He weighs 3,000 pounds!  While the average horse weighs about 1,000 pounds, Zeus is huge and magestic.  I'm not much of a horse person, I mean, they are beautiful to look at and absolutely amazing, I have no desire to ride one.  But it was hard to not be impressed by the sheer size and beauty of Zeus, as well as the other horses in the stables.  Big guy and pop pop G were especially impressed with Bandit, the horse they are with below.  It took big guy a few minutes to warm up and get comfortable with the horses, but once pop pop g was petting them, he soon was as well.

Following the horses, we went to feed the huge brook trout and of course, the ducks.  The food machine was a quarter stealer, but big guy enjoyed seeing the huge fish!  It's hard to see because it was raining, but the fish were over two feet long!



Following the duck and fish feeding, we went back home to relax and have lunch.  We decided to go to the movies, I mean, what else is there to do on a rainy day!  We saw the movie Planes, which was awful!  Wait, I shouldn't say that... if you weren't a small child (big guy) or someone who knew things about planes (pop pop g), then it was awful.  Dino took a nap.  I actually had phone reception, so I checked my work email and texted people fun pictures from the previous days!  After the movie was mercifully over, we went over to the Hart's Turkey Farm Restaurant, where everyday is thanksgiving! big guy ate a huge meal, mac and cheese and a footlong hot dog!  I had the turkey sandwich, delicious! Seeing as thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, this was a very special treat.  After having some ice cream, we went home for bath and bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment