Wednesday, September 18, 2013

work and play

One of my summer days happened to be on a day that hubs had a day off.  So, hubs stayed home with big guy, while I went to work.  The nice idea that I had was for them to come to my job around 2:00 and we would head over to the elmwood park zoo.  Big guy was a bit grumpy since he had fallen asleep on the way over and only got about a half hour of sleep before getting to work.  But we had a pretty good time seeing the giraffes, chickens, and playing on the playground.  Ok, the playground was probably the highpoint since they have wood chips on the ground and those are endless fun! After the zoo, we headed over to the Friendly's for dinner.  And big guy sat on one side of the booth by himself while hubs and I were on the other side!  He quietly alternated between coloring and watching thomas on hubs' phone.  It was awesome!  Hubs and I ate all of our food without having to say anything to big guy about eating his cheeseburger.  Then we all got sundaes.  An awesome end to the day!!


1 comment:

  1. Love Friendly's--we went there to break our Yom Kippur fast :o) Cute pic.

    ReplyDelete