Tuesday, January 8, 2013

bye bye binky

ok, don't judge.  Up until new years night, big guy still used a binky.  But only at bed time.  Hubs and I had quietly been discussing how to get rid of the last one.  And then it happened.  He bit a hole in it.  It was small.  But still a hole.  The clincher for me was when we went to the franklin institute and I saw some five year old walking around with a binky.  In daylight hours.  In public.  Shame.

so, the hole biting was a blessing in disguise.  As is the fact that big guy is old enough to understand when I said, you bit a hole in the binky.  You can't use it any more because it's broken.  Bye bye binky. And he will patiently repeat back to me about the binky.  First, he was very concerned and would ask for it a lot.  Now, he might mention it and I simply change the subject.  Whew!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment