Friday, January 18, 2013

swim lesson

last sunday big guy and I started our newest adventure, taking swim lessons at the local Y.  Big guy loves swimming, so I thought it'd be a fun winter activity.  We got to the Y a little big early.  But we had been talking about swimming in the pool for an hour, so he was ready to roll when he saw the swimsuit come out in the locker room.  We had to wait for the group before us to finish up, much to big guy's annoyance.  He kept trying to escape into the pool, obviously had he been successful would have made me the worst mom in the room.  Which of course would have been easy, since it was mostly dads in the pool with their kids.

Finally, it was our turn!  yay!  we got in and my first thought was, oh geez, I hope no one had a stomach virus and has been in this pool today.  A bizarre thought, I know.  But germs freak me out.  Anyway, the class was like on crack.  We moved really quickly from one activity to the next one.  I was so anxious in the pool because we were moving so fast.  First splashing, then blowing bubbles, then we were dipping our ears, then plunging our heads, then jumping, then more splashing.  Crack swim lesson.  I eventually got to the point after 15 minutes and a lot of swallowed water, that I was just going to use the techniques this guy was doing to go at my own pace.  The franticness was overwhelming and by the end big guy wasn't too keen on being in the pool anymore.

We got out early and went to wash off in the showers.  And that probably was the most fun because the shower head is hand held so big guy could strip down and get hosed off, just like at the shore.  We got changed and headed over to the wawa to pick up yogurts for lunch.  We ate and then big guy refused to take a nap.  DAMN!  My plan to exhaust him didn't work.  We ended up going to the duckpond and feeding the ducks, which was very fun.  Then big guy took the hugest poop on the planet, it was unbelievable. He then proceeded to have diarrhea   Great, we apparently did swim with someone who had a stomach virus!

No comments:

Post a Comment