Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The importance of cake

Since big guy's birthday, cake has become very important.  We have a lot of conversations about cake. Chocolate cake in particular.  And big guy is obsessed with singing happy birthday.  so much so that anytime we have cake/cupcakes, we get out a candle and sing.  On my bday, I bought some fancy cupcakes and of course we sang.  the night before, as big guy was laying in bed, we were talking about how my bday was the next day.  Here is our conversation:
Me: Tomorrow is mommy's birthday!
Big guy: Mommy, Luke eat cake?
Me: yes, we can eat cake tomorrow!
Big guy: chocolate cake?
Me: yes, I like chocolate cake, too!
Cue the clapping!  As if there were any doubt he was my child.  It was solidified that he belongs to me by his love for anything chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment