Monday, April 29, 2013

A good 12 hours of motherhood

This weekend was mixed.  Big guy was under the weather.  So, we did a lot of relaxing, hanging out, and watched Monsters, Inc. like a thousand times! But the high points came on sunday night and monday morning.  Sunday night big guy ended up passing out after an exhausting day from 4-6:30.  Upon his waking up, we had some cheez its and yogurt.  Then after a viewing of Monsters, Inc. again, we went up for a bath.  Hubs was sitting on the closed potty so he could get big guy undressed for the bath like every night, when big guy started yelling at him to "get up!" I came in because a lot of times big guy is trying to avoid taking his clothes off.  But big guy kept yelling at hubs.  So, I made hubs stand up and big guy looks at me and says, "mommy, pee pee!"  I said, "you have to go pee pee?"  Big guy responded, "yes mommy!"  So, I plopped him on the potty and he peed!!!!  First. Pee. Pee. On. The. Potty.  It was awesome. We clapped and danced.  it was just awesome.

Following a great night of sleep, big guy woke up in great spirits.  When we got up I asked big guy if he wanted to sit on the potty and he said no, of course.  But I said that we couldn't go downstairs until I went on the potty.  Then I said again, "are you sure you don't want to sit on the potty?  You pee peed last night on the potty." He looks at me and says, "yes, mommy.  Potty."  Ok, I take off the diaper and he sits nice and calmly, then says, "no pee pee mommy."  so, not a pee pee,  but definitely a try, which in my book is success because normally he screams anytime I mention the potty like I've just shredded his favorite toy or something.  And then the best part of the morning happened. I was saying my normal: goodbye, I love you, have a good day.  big guy looked at me and said clear as a bell: "I love you, mommy!" cue giant smile and heart melting.

No comments:

Post a Comment