Thursday, January 29, 2015

I have no idea what the date is...

So this usually happens over the summer because I'm not at work, I have no idea what day of the week it is nor the actual date.  But since I'm still out on maternity, I really have no idea because my days are filled with children, laundry, trying to figure out if I have five minutes to take a shower, etc.  Anywho, here is the perfect story to illustrate.  Yesterday, little man and I are at the supermarket.  I'm in the yogurt aisle choosing some yogurts for me, as big guy has plenty at home from last week's mammoth trip.

I'm looking at my favorite brand (muller greek corner) and see the expiration date says, "February 28th." Which I then said out loud, "what the hell?  These expire today!" Little man gives me a look like, I don't even know what dates are.  I'm getting myself all worked up.  I mean really, who is in charge of the yogurt area to have expired yogurt on the shelves, maybe I should talk to the manager or something.  Luckily, I totally forgot this injustice as I went to check out, presumably because I am the mother of two small children and can't remember anything, like that I need lime juice to make guacamole for the avocado I bought!

I get home and unpack my goods.  little man is happily chirping in his exersaucer and I grab my yogurts.  I got yoplait greek with fun toppings and check the expiration date once again and then it dawns on me.  Wait a minute, it's still January.  Those yogurts weren't bad.  Wait a minute.  I'm so glad I didn't say anything!  Then I realize there are more than 28 days in January and I'm an idiot.  And even funnier is that I had bought big guy all this valentine's stuff for his classmates... you'd think that i would have realized February hasn't happened yet.  Sometimes, I think I should have been born a blonde!

No comments:

Post a Comment