Sunday, June 28, 2015

Salad, exhaustion, and I'm still alive

Hubs left for CA on thursday and will be back tomorrow morning.  Thank goodness!  I am exhausted! While we've had fun and gone on adventures, I definitely am glad to have hubs as my partner in this adventure called parenthood.  

Thursday morning, little man and I dropped big guy off at school and then hung out in little man's class for about 45 minutes playing and chatting.  Then we went to the Target to get some paper towels, baby food, and summer shoes for both boys.  I got little man a cute pair of water shoes.  And I got big guy a pair of swimmy shoes, which are a little big, but he can wear them next year, too, as well as a pair of flip flops with the strap in the back.  Those are a bit small, but will do.  Hopefully next year he will be coordinated enough to wear real flip flops without falling all over the place!  Dinner we went to Wendy's and called it a night.  

Friday I convinced big guy to stay home from school- he absolutely loves it! We went over to our friend's house who also have an almost 5 year old and 1 year old.  It was a really lovely visit, as we hadn't been to their house in almost a year. Usually the little girl and big guy get injured because they are all wild, but they both did a really great job of behaving and played really nicely.  I was so pleased!  We had lunch with them and then went home.  Little man was so exhausted, he passed out in car and did a nice transition to his crib for nap time.  Big guy and I hung out and watched some tv. For dinner, we went over to little C's house and had a fun "make your own salad" dinner.  Little man surprised me by devouring all these green beans!  Which pureed he hated, but he loved them all crunchy!  And this makes me happy because I have about 20 green bean plants in our veggie garden this year.  After dinner, we played outside. Little C and big guy pretended that one of the bushes in the yard was a monster that ate frisbees, bunnies, and other sundry yard items. It was hilarious! 

Saturday, my dear friend R came over bright and early and we went to the philly zoo.  Even though it was raining lightly on and off, it was a great visit.  What people don't realize is that there is a lot of indoor space at the zoo for bad weather days.  We did manage to see a lot, including monkeys, kids zoo, reptile/amphibian house, african animals, the big cats, and some bears.  Personal favorite was in the kids zoo where I had a deep and meaningful conversation with a turkey.  All in gobble.  Big guy loved the hippos.  Little man loved the lions, he was waving to them as they hung out in front of the window.  It was a really great visit, we even managed to eat outside under a tree.  Little man passed out in the stroller on the way through the zoo and stayed asleep in the carseat, but didn't manage the transition to the crib.  No surprises there.  We were all really exhausted yesterday afternoon, so we had pizza and I had a giant salad with raw and roasted veggies.  Part way through dinner, little man was losing his noodle and kept pointing at my salad.  I finally gave him some of my broccoli, dressing and all, he devoured.  Then he had a lucky grab and got my container.  He then proceeded to paw through my salad and eat lettuce, carrots, onions, and squash!  I was so impressed!

Last night was a rough night of sleep.  The cats got into a fight on top of me at one point.  Little man woke up and wouldn't go back down.  Big guy then woke up and was arguing with me about laying down.  Finally, at 4, I just had everyone safely ensconced with me and we got to sleep for a few more hours.  We took a nice long walk this morning, followed by playing outside, then following a major breakdown by big guy, we went to supermarket.  Not sure what's on tap for the afternoon, but I know I'm excited for hubs to be home tomorrow.  And I've already decided that they are both going to school tomorrow.  Mama needs a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment