Friday, November 16, 2012

halloween

I love halloween.  It starts the fun of the holiday season.  This year I decided that big guy should get to pick out his costume, assuming he had an opinion about it.  we went over to the halloween adventure store near us.  I was really nervous when we walked in because it is really scary.  like werewolves eating babies, vampires ripping people's limbs off, witches boiling monsters.  scary.  big guy didn't think it was scary at all, he thought it was pretty interesting.  now, picking out a costume was another matter.  big guy chose to be buzz lightyear from Toy Story.  After I bought it I texted hubs and said, "likelihood he will actually wear it- 30 %"

In preparation for halloween, everyday I would ask big guy if he wanted to try on his outfit.  I always got a serious face and then a "no."  Hmmm, my percentage was falling fast!  Halloween night was rough.  It was right after four days with mom and dad due to the hurricane.  so, it was everyone's first day back to the real world.  big guy did not handle it well.  when I picked him up, he was grouchy and irritable.  uh-oh!

we ended up eating dinner with curious george on (which I do not allow tv during dinner unless you are really grouchy or as a reward).  after dinner, I again tried to coax big guy into his costume.  no luck. hubs came home and we tried to make it seem really fun.  yay!  Outside time after dinner!  It's dark! There's candy!  no go.  when I tried to put the cat ears on he wore last year, thrown to the floor.  when I put them on, thrown to the floor!  We ambled outside, but when we got to the first house, he saw other trick or treaters and freaked!  crying, screaming, he ran home.

We had our candy bowl out.  big guy really enjoyed putting the candy from our bowl into his bucket.  so, I let him do this a few times, then hid our bowl in the closet when he wasn't looking.  He came back over and says to me, "Where did candy go?"  I told him the neighbor's had it!  "In fact, we have to go outside and knock on their doors to go get the candy back!" I said.  hehe.  lying to the child.  terrible, but effective.  He agreed to go outside with me.  We did about four houses.  he wasn't too sure of the whole door knocking, but he did appreciate the candy!

we were doing good until we saw a whole crowd of kids going up our driveway and big guy wanted to be at home.  so, we came in.  turned curious george back on and munched on some hershey kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment