Monday, June 24, 2013

grouch

On sunday, the day after the pool party, big guy was tired and grouchy, as were hubs and I.  We definitely partied hard the night before.  And even though we had all gotten a lot of sleep, we still were out of it.  Some people were hungry, while others weren't.  I took a morning nap while they played upstairs.  We decided a low key activity would be good, so we went to see Monsters University.  The movie was really good, but also really long.  Big guy did a great job until with about forty minutes left, he looked at me and said, "Mommy, all done!" and headed for the exit.  Which was fine considering we had inhaled an entire bucket of popcorn!  We went to the Toys R Us for some big guy body wash and got a little Sully Monster stuffed animal (we have a big one already.)  Upon driving home, we made it maybe a half mile and big guy was OUT!  He woke up and had a sobbing fit when we got out of teh car.  I laid down the law and told him that he could either cry on the floor, play with toys, or go back to sleep.  he chose back to sleep, but only after making me snuggle up behind him.  I was ok with this choice, b/c then I fell asleep for a few hours, too!  We got up around four and went to our favorite pizza place.  Big guy wasn't feeling the eating too much, but he did have some ice cream following a half slice.  We went home and I shoved some yogurt into him, which he happily accepted.  Then right before bed, our 18 year old cat was walking by big guy.  He put out his hand and gave her a big, gentle pet, to which she promptly made a disgruntled noise.  Big guy looked at her and said, "Oh, you're a grouch!"  I laughed and asked Big guy if he was a grouch.  He looked at me with all seriousness and said, "Yes, mommy!"  Then we decided it was time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment