Monday, June 24, 2013

Pool Party

This weekend we went to a pool party at the home of one of my coworkers.  We were the first ones to arrive and big guy passed out on the way over.  So, while I navigated big guy out of the car, I may have accidentally locked the doors, thrown my keys into a bag, and then shut the door.  It wasn't until hubs was asking about the other bag (the ones with the keys in it), that I realized I had locked them in the car!  I couldn't believe it- a total ditz move.  The good news was that we were at my friends house and big guy was passed out on the couch.  The bad news was that hubs had to borrow my friend's car, drive a 1/2 hour back to our house to pick up the spare key, and then back to the pool party.  Hubs wasn't upset, big guy napped the whole time, and all was well, however, I still felt badly!!

About ten minutes before hubs returned, I woke big guy up so he would be ready to put on his swimsuit the minute hubs was back.  Big guy was very excited to see the pool and the people I work with, who have all known him since he was a newborn.  Hubs returned and the fun commenced.  Big guy, hubs, and I swam for over an hour in the pool.  Sitting on floaty things, playing with a ball, and the hit toy was the pool thermometer!  Random, I know, but that is how my bubba rolls.  Following a brief hot dog and pretzel break, we returned to the pool for a little bit before completely destroying and playing with every toy of the little 1 year old who lives at the house.  Big guy loved all the little toddler toys, especially the toys with balls, pop up parts, and this really cool bouncing/rocking horse thing.

And probably the sweetest part was big guy playing with little R, who is about 15 months.  Big guy was so gentle and patient.  He shared so well with the little one.  they really had a blast and were totally calm the entire time, which surprised me b/c prior to little R waking up from his nap, big guy was running all over furniture and flying onto the floor!  We ended the evening with some lollipops and Dora the explorer.  Big guy stayed awake on the way home, but upon returning home, we took a bath and promptly fell asleep.  And he slept like a rock- thank goodness for pool, sun, and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment