Monday, December 22, 2014

The month that got away...

December got away from me! I was doing so well! What can I say, there is no excuse. I will say that we are 3 days away from Xmas and I'm already overwhelmed! Luckily, all Xmas shopping has been done for over a week. Little man is getting nada from us, but only because he will literally be swimming in toys from as eve with hubs' family get together. And will also be swimming in wrapping paper and boxes from big guy. And in my amazing motherly experience, those are endlessly entertaining to babies and maybe even next year.

I'm aware of just about all of big guy's gifts. Boy, is he in for some serious fun and joy! The big present from Santa this year is a fish tank. Which he asked for this summer. Santa has delivered. Then gmom Dino wrote a letter from Santa with instructions for purchasing his fish and other items the fish will need. We r putting in cash so he can buy this stuff.

He's going to lose his noodle. I just know it! It's really cool because this year he totally gets Santa, Xmas, writing lists, Xmas carols and everything else that goes along with this holiday. Even Hanukkah, he knows the dreidel song and all about gelt. The tooth fairy is making her annual visit and delivering toothbrushes, which gmom Dino explained was her desire to do good motherly work by providing them every big holiday. Good thinking!

I'm excited and it's going to be great! Wrapping presents has been challenging only because I can't do it when big guy is home. And little man has been giving me a hard time with naps. The other day he sobbed for an hour and a half in his pack n play during nap time while I wrapped. The good thing is I can wrap his presents in front of him because he won't remember! Ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment