Monday, December 8, 2014

xmas tree

On sunday we walked up the street to the local church and bought our xmas tree.  As in the past 6 years we have lived in this house, hubs walked it home.  This year was cool because big guy had gotten a wagon for xmas last year, so there was less cursing, less stopping and as hubs told me, less feeling sap becoming part of his person!  anywho, big guy and I were in charge of choosing the tree.  And as usual we bought an even bigger tree, completely by accident.  hubs would disagree, saying that I clearly have no spatial reasoning (true) and big guy is unreliable because he's a kid (also true).  but it's beautiful.  I will document it's unfurling, decorations, and more tree fun later, but I wanted to remember this snippet of talking to my child:

Big guy: Can we decorate it now?
Me: No, we have to let it depoof!
Big guy: Take a POOP???
Me: No, depoof. Um, let the branches come down so we can put the ornaments on.
Big guy: Oh, ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment