Thursday, February 19, 2015

Gmom Dino

Written in two parts:

Pre-visit contemplations:

You know love when you see it in action. The love between gmom Dino and big guy is amazing. Equally returned. Unconditional. They are two peas in a pod. I was contemplating this the other day because Dino is coming to visit this week for 10 days! Big guy and I are so excited. Everyday big guy asks me at some point, when is grandma coming? Today? We've been talking about this visit since the new year. Not only will this visit encompass valentines day and big guys bday, but also his family and school friend party. Whew.

Anywho, I was thinking about the two of them and how when Dino is around, big guy is no more than a few feet away from her at any time. He is constantly snuggling with her and she with him. And the funny thing is, that she loves it. Dino, who is my mom, was never the most snuggly as I was growing up. She gives wonderful hugs, no doubt, but it's just a different kind of connection she has with big guy. They like the same stuff, arts and crafts, getting dirty outside, gardening included, animals, reading, watching tv, eating ice cream... The list is endless. I'm so grateful that he has her in his life. Because don't we all need someone who loves us that much?

Currently visiting contemplations:

Ok, so dino has been here for over a week and they are even more bonded. On big guy's actual bday, we did a snow day bday and kept him home.  They played the whole day.  And both enjoyed each other's company immensely.  Whenever I overheard them, they were laughing.  Big guy was doing this hilarious giggle when he's having a lot of fun.  Dino was talking in funny voices.  And at one point, in a heart breakingly adorable conversation, big guy says, "grandma, you're my best friend!" Slay me now! Even when big guy gets a little wild (which is kind of often) dino just rolls with it, her patience is endless.  I wish everyone could be loved like this.  We still have four full days before dino leaves for home, but we have some fun stuff in store.  Class bday party, visit to aquarium, and lots of playing.  Dino, we love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment