Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Music class

So, it's getting to the end of my maternity leave, to which I am incredibly sad.  I know, I will have had an entire year off, which is obviously more than the majority of people in the US have, to which I am blessed and so grateful to hubs for allowing me this time off with not only little man, but the bonus time of big guy.  It's been an amazing year, the best I'll ever have.  Anywho, with that in mind, I decided it was time to socialize little man in a more traditional way, though we go to breastfeeding group once a week!

We joined a music class for 0-2 year olds and have been going for the past two months.  It's been a really great experience for him to be sure.  Seeing as I'm antisocial, I rarely talk to anyone but let little man do his thing.  So far this has been his pattern in class.  First half which is music and dancing, he will either sit in my lap or stand but cling onto my shirt, warily giving other people looks.  Then the egg shaped shakers come out and he's ready to roll!  He starts shaking, making fun noises, rocking back and forth and generally having a really fun time.  And then towards the end he gets up the nerve to go touch and baby talk to another baby his size.  It's really quite cute!  I'm hopeful that daycare will be a good experience for him and that this music class will make it a bit easier for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment