Friday, April 24, 2015

My big supermarket helper

This past week's weather has been cold and rainy. Not at all the pleasantness that we've gotten used to.  Thus, I've had to come up with alternate after school plans that don't involve being outside for walks, the playground, or in our yard.  Wednesday, we went to the AAA to have my license renewal photo taken, that was an adventure, as always.  Thursday, I took the boys to the supermarket for some stuff that I had forgotten on tuesday.  It's been a long time since I've had big guy at the supermarket with me, since I usually just go with little man.  I could tell he missed it though, as he was the biggest helper!

We went to the market near big guy's school and promptly got one of those cool baskets that has a pull out handle to make it a cart!  Big guy was very excited to wheel it around.  We shopped for our sundry items, cheese, yogurt, cereal, plastic spoons, hershey's syrup, and of course sprinkles.  All essentials, you see!  Big guy patiently went to each aisle with me and put everything into the rolling basket. Then we went to checkout and he put everything on the conveyor belt.  And then he took both bags and put them back into the rolly basket!  I told him how helpful he was being during check out and the lovely cashier agreed and told him he was doing a great job!  His reward was the box of cereal not on the list- apple jacks!

We made it home and he got to eat that for dinner, quite a treat! I'm thinking he will come with me to supermarket during summer and little man is at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment