Sunday, April 3, 2011

Asparagus, guacamole, and cream cheese, Oh my!

Big guy is an excellent eater. I'm so pleased he got hubs's eating abilities- golden retriever! He'll pretty much eat anything. I love it! And I have to say that I am very proud when I tell people some of his favorite food, that they are always impressed. I guess b/c it's how hubs and I eat, I just expect he'll eat the same.

For example, big guy loves asparagus! Roasted with olive oil, salt, and pepper. He gobbles the spears up- whole. It's quite a sight to see. THe last time we had them, he must have eaten twenty spears. mmm, asparagus! And one of his new favorite discoveries is guacamole. We went to have burritos the other day and I had a little side cup of guacamole. I plopped down a spoonful of sour cream and guacamole into his trough (ok, it was one of those square paper bowls) full of beans, chicken, and tortilla w/ melted cheese. He grabbed the whole pile and shoved it in. Then ate the rest of my little cup. And like any good jew, the kid loves cream cheese and bagels. Of course, he'll eat cream cheese on just about anything, cinnamon raisin toast, bagels crisps, fruit, off his fingers... You get me! our next big step is roasted brussel sprouts, which didn't exactly peak his interest last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment