Friday, December 16, 2011

Xmas party

On Friday we went to our first official Xmas party as a family! Very fun and big guy was on pretty good behavior- until we got yelled at by a security guard!

Big guy and I arrived around 3 and off we went with hubs. We came in and at first big guy had a monkey grip on both of us. He wouldn't let us put him down- but I'm not surprised, it was crowded in there with strangers. I was so hungry that I didn't even schmooze. I went right for some good and ate one handed with big guy latched on for dear life. After shoving some food down my gullet and hubs ate something too, big guy was more comfy and started to run.

He was running all over the room, shoving people out of the way, winding in and out of people's conversations. Very cutely I may add- but people would see us running and ask if he was hubs's son- cute, smile on his face and moving very quickly. It's true- they are very similar.

Then big guy discovered the hallway outside and started sprinting up and down the hallway like a maniac. Running full speed! Pressing the elevator button to make it open, turning the water fountain on. Screaming with joy. He discovered an empty room with chairs and we got yelled at by the security guard. Ok- we will leave the room alone. Ten he started following me and saying big guy wasn't allowed to run like that- its a university! To which I very unnicely said- he's a toddler- he doesn't stop moving and this is a party for crying out loud. Ugh- I was so annoyed I almost found the event organizer. But instead hubs made the executive decision to leave. We came, we ate, we ran for an hour nonstop. Success overall. And we all escaped unscathed!


Oh and there was a chocolate fountain that big guy discovered and apparently we were given nasty looks for double dipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment