Saturday, July 28, 2012

baby pool

yesterday, after big guy decided he was NOT taking a afternoon nap, we headed to the pool a bit early. on our way there, big guy was drifting to sleep, so I was tickling him and singing loudly in a ploy to keep him awake. so mean, but I wasn't going to let him sleep in the car at 3 in the afternoon and ruin our schedule more than it already was ruined. cruel, aren't I? anyway, we got to the pool, and it was nice and hot/sunny. big guy was awesome! he was swimming, splashing, talking. we found a dump truck that he filled with leaves- leaf being one of his new words- and drove them around the pool. so sweet when it would tip over, he would scramble to rescue them! after about an hour, big guy started talking about how dirty the pool was- lots of leaves and dirt due to a bad storm we had the night before. I looked at one of the other moms and said, better dirt than poop. then I checked big guy's diaper, as he had been pretty poop-y recently- due to an excess consumption of carmel corn from down the shore (more on that later!) I checked, oh yeah- BIG poop! I grabbed big guy and plopped him on the towel- poop exploded everywhere, which means I also threw out the towel. I wiped him down with about thirty wipes. it got on his swim trunks, swimmy shirt, and I didn't have extra. I looked at big guy and asked if it was ok to just go get a soft pretzel instead of swimming, and I got a positive head nod with an "uh-huh!"So, we ended the trip very nicely and didn't shut down the baby pool! phew!

1 comment: