Saturday, July 21, 2012

The poop pendulum

I feel like we are on the poop pendulum for the past few weeks. Aunt M came to visit for July 4th weekend and big guy went like eight times a day for the four days she was here. His poor little booty was so red and irritated. I felt so bad. But as soon as she left- he was refusing to go. For three days at a time. I started our miralax regimen. Half a cap every morning. But he was still loading it. And waking up at night sobbing in pain and gassy. I was finally exhausted and worried enough to call the drs office. The lovely nurse laughed at my explanation of big guy stretching his toddler wings in terms of holding the poop and then very slyly told me to give him a full cap full every other day bc he wouldn't be able to hold that. Which has been working! I need to start this whole potty training thing. I mean thre is still a month left in summer, right? I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment