Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pool friends

The past few nights big guy and I have been going to the pool for a few hours. Hubs has been under the weather, so we've also been giving hubs a break and a chance to nap! Big guy has a friend from school who goes to our pool, B, who just turned two but who makes the whole pool experience different. In that big guy is more adventurous. He's more comfortable going through the pool and doing stuff by himself or with B, instead of needing me to follow him. He shares really well. He wants to eat the same snacks as B. and I get a little bit of mommy to mommy time. B's mom is actually older and I'm so impressed with how calm and cool she is with her son and with big guy. B jumps around the pool, throws himself under the water, and is generally a risk taker. If big guy did any of those things, I would be at his side fretting. But she's totally calm. In fact, big and B were fighting over some toy. I said to big guy to be gentle and was about to get up when she looked at me and said, let's see how they work it out. Ok. And they were fine. I think I need to relax. Or just hang with this woman all summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment