Saturday, October 20, 2012

Enough already

this week was stressful and busy, both at home and at work.  we are all tired this weekend.  In fact, as I relay yesterday's horror, big guy is asleep on the couch next to me.  Yesterday, I got a call from big guy's school that someone had bit his face.  yep.  you heard me.  he was sitting next to his a classmate and he bent over to see his puzzle and the kid bit him on the cheek.  I was pretty upset, because he seems to get bit all the time and it had broken the skin.  I called the dr's office and was awaiting a call back when his teacher from last year who I'm still close with texted me to see if they had called me.

I said they had and then casually asked how she was doing, since I've been talking to no one recently. When she said she actually wanted to talk to me, because things hadn't been going well, I thought she was talking about herself.  but I never expected what she texted me next.  She let me know that for the past few weeks, big guy hasn't been in his room all day.  like, they've been moving him around to other people's rooms.  yeah and not telling me.  I was so upset.  I'm texting her furiously, like what the hell!  one day he was moved to her room - with the one year olds!!!  but mostly he gets moved to the room next door, with the 3 and 4 year olds. 

so, I asked her why?  She spoke to the teacher next door and she said his teacher looks frustrated with him!  It all made sense.  I get the sense that his teacher doesn't get him.  hard to explain I guess, except that it's a gut feeling.  like how she's always so upset about his talking or not wanting to use the potty.  Um, things that he has to do at his own pace and that I have very little control over!  anyway, I was pissed and then started to relay this to my dearest friend (who I conveniently work with) and start sobbing.  I called hubs, who was of course pissed beyond belief, but was soothed by walking through the walmart for a half hour. 

By the time I went to get big guy, I had already called two of the three schools we were on the waiting list for.  One we are next in line for and the other was going to call me back. I walked in, got my baby and asked for a parent/teacher conference with his teacher.  really, I can't rat out my teacher friend, but clearly this isn't working!  To blow off some more steam, big guy and I went to the duck pond and while walking got a call from the other school who said he could start next week!!  joy and elation.  I've had enough of this school.  Time to try something new.  Of course I"m stressed about a new place, but one of his friends who we swam with this summer goes there, in fact they'd be in the same room, so I'm feeling better about that.  And his mom is awesome and loves it there.  So, just trying to stay calm and get this paperwork filled out.  We are coming by monday to drop it off and check out the room. I'm excited and cautiously optimistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment