Sunday, October 7, 2012

leaving for lancaster

friday afternoon, we were heading up to lancaster to visit grandma J- she was turning 60 on saturday! We were staying at our favorite hotel, Willow Valley Inn, which is sadly going out of business.  Anyway, we were supposed to leave right at 3pm, so we could get there early evening.  I left work early and got home around 1:30.  since I had some time, I tidied up.  Nothing better than coming home to a clean home.  I unloaded then reloaded the dishwasher.  wiped down the counters.  cleaned off the kitchen table.  emptied the trash.  cleaned the downstairs sink.  ran a load of laundry.  finished packing. and loaded the car.  whew!  I am very productive when I have the house to myself.  hubs left work a bit late, so my plan of grabbing big guy and just driving from school was destroyed.  Instead I picked up big guy and got his diaper changed. shoved a granola bar in his hand and then by this point hubs was home and we hit the road.  We didn't hit any traffic, but managed to get to lancaster by 5.  We ate a quick dinner at subway and then hit up the dollar store for some run around/leg stretching time and to buy some junk.  and surprise bday balloons for grandma J.  We hung out with grandma J and aunt B for about an hour and then headed to the hotel.  but saturday is when the vacation really began!!

No comments:

Post a Comment