Thursday, December 6, 2012

Happy bday hubs!

The hubs turned 33 today! What an old man! Big guy have been planning for days. Card and present were opened this morning, especially since big guy decided to get up at 4:30 this morning. Clearly trying to make the day feel as long as possible. Big guy and I went to the supermarket after school to pick up hubs favorite cake- a carvel ice cream cake with those yummy crunchies. Big guy kept saying "bir day cake" as we were buying it.

Hubs was already home and he got a sneak peek of the cake. We were chatting while big guy played with some blocks. Hubs announced he wanted dinner and I got to start making their favorite dinner- pasta with meat sauce. Only to realize, I had forgotten to buy the meat. Oops. After an unsuccessful trip to the supermarket down the street to procure the meat, we ordered the next best thing- bertucci's to go! Hubs got chicken pram, me pizza, and big guy ravioli in butter. I top big guys ravioli with sprinkle cheese and put some steamed broccoli on the side.

I actually had to flag big guy on ravioli- he ate ten of them and half a head of broccoli, then topped it off with half a bag of chocolate covered pretzels. We relieved, played and watched some curious George the rest of the night. We finished with a bath which was the nights topper.

As previously mentioned, big guy has been a challenging one to get to poop. But the past few times he's gone during bath time. And the past two times, when he's started to push, I plop him on the toilet to finish. And afterwards he gets stickers! So tonight he was starting the hysterical crying but pointed to the potty. So, I said, do you want to sit on the potty? He nodded yes. I plopped him on and said, ok, push. He pushes and ta-da! Then I asked if he needed to push more. Affirmative nod again. And ta-da again! Big smile. I start screaming happily. Big guy starts jumping and screaming. We both yell for hubs. Cue clapping. Cue flushing the poop. Cue talking about the poop and subsequent stickers up until bedtime. What an awesome bday!

No comments:

Post a Comment