Saturday, December 8, 2012

pretend play

big guy has started to play pretend with his stuffed animals. I noticed this the other day when we returned from the elmwood park zoo with our newly purchased stuffed animal snake- green, almost three feet long, with a fun pink tongue sticking out.  It also hisses a lot!  At cats, trains, and especially other stuffed animals.  In fact, the snake brought to my attention the pretend playing.

The snake was playing with the red bear with white spots.  and I hear big guy yelling, "Not nice!"he says nice like "ni-ch" which is extra cute.  I see the snake being put down onto a pillow to calm down and take a nap.  I asked big guy what happened and he said, "snake, not nice.  sleeping." and then started making snoring noises.  So. Freaking. Cute.

Often the play animals are learning about being nice and then learning to play together nicely.  Must be something they work on a lot at school!!  anyway, it seems to me a leap in playing in that he is making up stories for the stuffed animals.  and it's really cute to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment