Sunday, December 30, 2012

the potty train

One of the gifts that big guy got from gmom dino was a book called The Potty Train.  Combing big guy's love of trains with my desire to keep this whole potty thing rolling!  Today big guy really had to go, but was being his difficult self.  So, I busted out the new book and we read it several times.  Big guy was very serious during the reading.  After we would finish we would discuss.  He knew everything that was going on.  He would pat his diaper and say "push on potty."  So, I thought we were doing good.  I asked if he just wanted to go sit, not push.  NO.

Ok, I went off to make dinner.  Hubs was in charge momentarily and big guy wanted to read the potty train again.  this time hubs asked me to grab the tickets to get on the potty train!  I gave a quizzical look and he stage whispered to me- toilet paper.  Ah-ha!  Genius hubs!  I grabbed two squares of toilet paper and gave them each their tickets.  big guy loved it, he kept yelling, "potty ticket!"  big guy still couldn't be convinced to just sit on the potty, but his spirits seemed better in regards to the potty.  especially after he and hubs put their tickets into the potty so that they could get onto the toilet.

At dinner, big guy was pulling a major crank fest!  he refused to eat, was whining, and didn't want to sit up straight.  All signs that a poop is brewing.  WE went to get our ticket and headed upstairs.  big guy prefers the upstairs potty.  He fought me for about 40 seconds, but then was able to go.  Whew!!!  He was pretty upset and didn't want to flush or put in his ticket, but we eventually calmed down.  And the night was a thousand times better since big guy was in a way better mood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment