Monday, August 25, 2014

A bit early, but I'll take it

Today was a great day!  Very relaxed.  Lots of fun.  Hubs got to sleep in while I took the boys downstairs around 5am to eat and watch tv.  We relaxed and had fun.  I had this glimpse of the future when little man isn't a baby anymore and the three of us are hanging out on weekend mornings watching cartoons all snuggled on the couch.  It was a really fun glimpse!

After hubs came down around 7ish, I put little man on his gym mat to swat at some stuff and kick around.  He's very kicky.  Then I plopped him on his belly after 15 minutes or so to do some tummy time.  And I walked away to get a drink and look back and he's on his back.  Hubs and I started cheering and saying, "yay!"  Much to his delight.  I thought, ok, maybe I put him a little on his side.  So, I put him back firmly on the belly.  Within seconds, and this time I was watching, he rolled himself onto his back.  I did it three more times just to be sure and he rolled over three more times!  Hubs was so excited and of course looked up online to see the average age that babies roll over- 4 months is when they usually start.  He was all excited and was I.  Of course he didn't do it the rest of the day.  Probably won't for a while, but it was really cool.

Following all the excitement, big guy, little man, and I went to get bagels for breakfast.  Then the rest of the day was spent eating, watching tv, hanging out, practicing writing letters.  We had a late snack at our favorite pizza place before more relaxing.  It was a really nice day.  Which we all needed and appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment