Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Bittersweet

This week marks big guy's transition to pre-K. That's right, I have a child who is in a real class and who will next year at this time be in kindergarten!!  On a school bus!! In a classroom with desks!!  I'm freaking out! It's exciting, don't get me wrong. He's ready. His brain power continually astonishes me as does the things he says to me. So much logic sometimes. But it's sad because I love his teacher he has had all this year. She's awesome and loves him. And has fostered so much growth and education into big guy.

Two weeks ago we started talking about this move to his new class. At first there was denial. Now he understands but is nervous about bit having ms c. Today, he was sad. And admittedly tired, as he was up every five minutes between 1-2:30 this morning. He was sensitive. He wouldn't let me leave right away, instead taking me to the fridge. The sink for a drink. Then he told me he was tired and wanted to lay down at home. Then the big tears started! Oh, ms C scooped him up and he quietly sobbed into her shoulder saying he was sad. Then I started to cry. We got him calm. Alternating hugging and kissing me and gripping onto ms C. I'm pretty sure he isn't going to let go at all this week. So, we are all ready, logically, but it's bittersweet to see him move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment