Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Pre-K

Yesterday was big guy's first day of pre-K! I was a bit nervous because we had missed friday due to an upset belly and general exhaustion.  Big guy had been telling me all weekend that he "was never going to school ever again." I convinced him that he needs tp go to school because it's his job.  Like how daddy goes to work.  And how I'm home with little man until he's npt a baby and then I'll go back to work.  Which then opened up an entire gender discussion where big guy told me mommy's don't go to work, they stay at home and buy food and stay with babies. Interesting...

Anywho, following that we made it to school.  Ms. D, who is very loud and a bit intimidating was there, she is the assistant.  I stayed for a bit.  We put his lunch box in the fridge.  Signed in at the board.  He had to write his full name, which only caused him minimal concern.  (the second day he did it all by himself!) Then ms D asked if he wanted breakfast, and he said yes.  So, little man and I went to choose a cereal with him.  Golden grahams if you were curious.  Then he sat and ate while I chatted with ms D.  Then he got up and sprinted while squealing through the room making one lap before going up to the loft area to read a book.  I said bye and got a huge smile in return!

When I picked him up, ms D said he had a good day.  Naptime was the only time he was upset because he fell asleep late and woke up crying.  big guy said to me that Ms K, the teacher, had yelled at him for not going to sleep.  They had learned about humpty dumpty and big guy let me know as we were leaving that he wanted eggs for dinner! We went over to petco to see the fish tanks, had dinner and spent time outside before hubs came home for bath and bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment