Sunday, May 30, 2010

Let him cry it out

Big guy not sleeping was getting hard... on all of us. I called the Dr on friday and she let me know that I could let him cry, as long as I know that he isn't hungry, doesn't have gas, doesn't need a new diaper, isn't sick, or cold or hot, etc. Yikes. This was the beginning of Memorial Day weekend- the perfect time to give it a try. She also said to start putting him down drowsy, but hubs and I wanted to do one at a time. Friday night he goes to bed at nine. He wakes up at 12:oo, he felt cold, so I picked him up and put on his socks and long sleeve shirt. He falls asleep and I put him in bed. He gets up at 2:30 to eat, falls asleep and I put him in bed. He immediately starts crying. I pick him up and burp him, then back down-- still awake! He cries again. I pick him up and change his diaper. Back down and starts crying. I put five minutes on the phone and wait it out. Hubs didn't handle it so well. After he cries for the entire five minutes, I go over and pick him up and pat his back then put him back. He starts crying again and I put five minutes on the clock. After four minutes, he stops crying. He whimpers and squirms for a minute and then fell asleep for two more hours. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment