Friday, July 8, 2011

Fingerpainting


On July 4th, big guy and I started our fingerpainting adventure. I had everything set up the way I had planned. I put down big sheets of butcher paper and taped it around our kitchen table to catch any misplaced paint. I had bowls of water and already torn pieces of paper towels to easily wipe up any spills. And my most genius plan (which I actually got from Parents magazine) was to put the paint into empty egg carton slots. That way big guy could easily dab a finger into colors and move on. I also managed to get my hands on some oddly sized card stock!

It was a great afternoon for it. big guy had just woken up from his nap. He had a snack in his belly and was in good spirits. I stripped him down to a diaper so that I wouldn't even have to worry about cleaning clothes later on- even though it says washable! Big guy had a great time. He went for red first, then blue, and then got wild and was just throwing color everywhere. He is pretty talented and we quickly did four sheets. Some are definitely office worthy.

Then of course everything went crazy. Somehow big guy got a hold of one of the water bowls and dumped it all over himself, the table, and the chair he was standing on. Red alert!!! Everything was wet, but I was most concerned about big guy slipping off his chair. I quickly wiped big guy up and then the spilled water. Crisis averted. Masterpieces created!

No comments:

Post a Comment