Friday, July 15, 2011

hugs

big guy is an amazing hugger. He does this full body tackle of a hug- arms go around my neck. Legs wrap around my waist. It's like he was made to hug me. And since we've been home together for almost a month- that's right, everyday, him and me. The longest time I haven't been in the room with him has been when I've taken a shower. Well, the hugs have only gotten better.

And even if I shouldn't always lift him up and hug him when he asks, I just can't resist. I try to keep the anxiety about having to leave him in 6 weeks under wraps. But I can feel it creeping up. Deep breath.

Big guy has also started giving hugs to other things- which is so precious. He has a stuffed seal from Alcatraz that he periodically runs over and hugs. He also hugs his truck book. full on places it on his chest and squeezes. And the cat- he always wants to hug her! And when hubs hugs me, big guy runs over and pushes hubs away- then reaches up to hug me! HAHA! Hugs to me seem like such a big boy move. So voluntary. I'll take them as long as he wants to give them.

No comments:

Post a Comment