Wednesday, October 12, 2011

carrot sticks and almonds

on monday, big guy and I had the day off together. it was a very relaxing day- eating, playing, walking outside. part of what we tried new were carrot sticks and almonds. I had bought some baby carrots to munch on when I was hungry. I thought big guy might be ready to try them- since he's got those great molars! At first he was tentative, but then the fun crunch won him over. I do think he got tired of all that chewing though.

And at lunch, I was eating my new addiction- trader joe's vanilla yogurt with sliced almond add-ins- and big guy was eating his yogurt. He looked over, checked out my little almond container before I added it. He reached his little fingers in, grabbed a few, and started to crunch. He seemed to enjoy them and grabbed for a few more. And he didn't go into anaphylactic shock- so that was a definite bonus! Now we just have to conquer peanut butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment