Wednesday, October 19, 2011

the pukies

well, we may have hit our first (and hopefully only) case of the pukies this year. On tuesday night, big guy and I ate at our favorite burrito place. big guy was starving- having eaten nothing during the day at school. surprise, surprise. Anyway, he ate a ton of black beans with cheese. it was awesome. but I was slightly wary that he might have eaten too much.

Later that night, I just had a feeling that I wasn't going to get a good night's sleep. Big guy didn't do a big burp after his cup of milk, so I worried that he might puke. Big guy ended up puking three times. so, I'm not sure if he was stuffed or picked up something from someone. After the third pukie- we went to watch Thomas and the misty island rescue from 1am to 2am, while I spoke to the on call nurse. Then we slept until 5:20ish. Big guy was up and ready to roll.

And the ready to roll part was what had me thinking it wasn't a tummy bug. Last time he was messed up for a couple of days. Big guy was playful, happy, and very thirsty. He was tired- we took a three hour nap in the morning. mmmm, big guy and I definitely needed it. We all took a sick day and ended up going to the babies/toys r us for diapers/wipes/fruit&veggies pouches. And because sick people get presents in our house, we got an awesome thomas the train travel track set- sodor mining company- with a thomas train. And on sale for $30, regularly $50. Boo-ya! Big guy is crazy about the travel tracks and plays with them constantly. So, our sick day started out pretty bad, but it ended up pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment