Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What a big boy!

I feel like I've been saying that a lot lately. Big guy has just been a really, well, big boy! For instance, big guy has been really excited about the potty. I mean, not going in the potty- that would be a lot to ask! But more like whenever anyone goes in the potty- flushing the toilet, clapping, waving bye bye to the toilet paper. Besides the potty, big guy has shown real big boy-ness with clothing, too. Big guy knows how to take off his coat and hang it on the hanger at school. All we have to do is unzip and he does the rest. It looks kind of like a loose armed shimmy shake until it falls on the floor. Super cute. And he's been so helpful recently- really wanting more responsibility. So he helps me put away the laundry. He will take it out of the basket for me and out it on the bed so I can fold and put away. The other day he emptied two baskets for me, looked at me and said, "I help you!" with such pride. And I beamed back equally and said, " yes, you do!"

No comments:

Post a Comment