Friday, May 4, 2012

Mature

Ive seen a shift in big guy recently. He's become more mature. He follows directions better. Makes better decisions. And is talking up a storm. I mean, he's still a wild man and can on a spur start a crazy sprinting fest throughout the house. The biggest shift has been at the duck pond. Up until three trips ago, the duck pond had become my nightmare. Big guy loves the duck pond. Feeding ducks, geeses, practices their names and noises they make. And then there are huge fields to run in. But the nightmare times have been hellish. Big guy just starts running and won't listen to directions. Something as simple as " don't run in the high grass" becomes a huge fight with me getting poked in the eye. Seriously, the last time we went there, it was so bad, big guy we s crying and yelling, I was yelling, while nursing a poked eye, and I was trying to walk up this hill. I was so enraged and I'm sure looked like a lunatic. Some guy on a bench was I think coming over to tell me what a horrible mother I was before. Looked at him (horns may have sprouted at this point) before the woman on the bench next to him wisely pulled him back down. Like I said, nightmare. But we've ventured back when aunt M was there and he was totally fine. We walked up the really big hill together, throwing a tennis ball to each other. Collected sticks. Dug up mulch. Twice he made a run for it and didn't stop when I said to. But I caught him and sat him in the grass and told him that when mommy says stop, you stop. The weird thing is, that when I tell him things now, I know he understands. Anyway, there was no fuss when we left. Just plopped him in the stroller and walked home. It's been like this when we go inside from playing, I just say its time to go in, and we grabs my hand, opens the door, and in we go. It's so cool to watch him getting to be a big boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment