Saturday, May 26, 2012

A pain in the neck

Following the mothers day fiasco, I was having some muscle spasms. When I spoke to a nurse about it, she said that the time awake in the middle if the night with big guy- holding, trying to get medicine in him, and stressing out in general, in addition to then falling asleep in an awkward position with him, could Definetly lead to muscle spasms. I could actually feel the muscles in my forearms and my legs. It was a bizarre sensation. By the time we made it to the drs office on Tuesday, I could barely move my neck. After big guy was diagnosed with roseola, a quite common and quite unextraordinary virus that causes three to four days of on and off fever followed by a rash ( we were a textbook case), my general stress went down. Followed by Tuesday night being a great night of sleep. I got up on Wednesday morning feeling great, with the exception of my neck, which was still in unbearable pain. And for only the second time in big guys life, I stayed home from work while he went to school. I felt bad, but I could not function. I spent the majority of the day sitting still. By the time I picked him up from school and with my diligence in taking extra strength Tylenol every six hours, I was feeling much better! Unfortunately, I couldn't say the same for big guy at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment