Saturday, May 12, 2012

We were doing so well

We were doing so well in the illness department. I mean we really only have had a few colds this winter- ok, they were really bad when they happened, but there were fewer of them. And I had a feelin that we were going to get something else when I picked big guy up from school on Wednesday and two kids had fevers in his class. Great. So big guy got up on Friday morning and was sneezing. I knew it was coming. Any other weekend and I wouldn't care, but we were going to Lancaster this weekend to visit gmom J and aunt B. maybe sniffles could let us go, I would just have to pack lots of tissues. Then I got him from school and he was out of it. Didn't want to play, whining, wanted to watch a movie. Plus, they had really run him ragged at school. They were outside for a few hours while the sink in their room got fixed. Fine. We watched Rio. The snot started to pour. We ate dinner. I oy a yogurt in him. We went for a really long walk. It was beautiful outside. Upon returning, a fever had blossomed. Double great. We did a quick bath - not even making it through Kung fu panda two. Then he passed out within minutes of laying down with me. It was rather pathetic. He was out. Then at midnight- awake, crying, hot as hell and didn't want to be in bed anymore. Back down to watch Kung fu panda two again. This time we made it through! However, getting him to take Tylenol has become our new struggle. Finally, hubs had a stroke of genius and we put it in apple juice- which he gulped down. Around two we were getting ready to head upstairs when the whining started. I sat him up from our lay down on the couch and he Mt. Vesuvius-Ed all over us. Wow- that was a lot of puke! But he did feel better. Letting me know that he wanted a tshirt to change into and that he wanted to sleep on the couch. So, big guy and I were on the couch. While hubs slept next to us on the pullout bed. And thankfully- they've both been asleep for several hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment