Saturday, June 9, 2012

Not my month

Have you ever heard the exprection "in the suck?" we'll, it essentially at least for me means that you are in this vacuum of suckiness. And that has been my past month. Starting with the mothers day disaster weekend. After getting over what was apparently roseola, we moved on to general fussiness and misery, followed by a wicked cold with severe coughing and wheezing. The wheezing was so bad that big guy and I made it to the drs office for the third time in a week and a half, where we were given steroids in addition to his albuterol. Thank heavens. Steroids are amazing. Then once that was over, he got a croupy cough. And then coughed all night, so guess who got to be awake all night while a baby slept on her. Dng ding! It was me! And then just a series of other badness. I got yelled at by a police officer for jaywalking in front of a crosswalk. Someone parked in front of our driveway and I had to call the police so they could tow it. I missed a ton of work. Like one to two days a week for three weeks. And then the topped was this week, someone stole my credit card and went to a gas station to fill up like three cars of gas. and then tried to feed the neighborhood at the McDonald's. It's been very stressful. Adding to that stress is that big guy has been "moved up" at school and hates his new room. So he hasn't been eating at school, nor at home. He's become a skinny minnny. He doesn't want to play at school and has been hitting his friends. Oh, and did I mention that he's been constipated from the steroids and lack of eating. Great. But there is always hope. Thursday and Friday proved to be great days at school. Big guy played well with his friends, participated in circle time. Ate lunch. And he was in a super pleasant mood at home, too. He wanted to eat dinner, played with his trains quietly (instead of clinging to me and whining), and took a huge poop at school. Hallelujah! The past two days have brought back my little man. I've missed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment