Saturday, June 9, 2012

To the pool!

Memorial day brought the beginning of summer which meant the opening of our pool! I am so excited. I love the pool. As a kid, I spent my entire childhood in the pool. Explains why all my childhood photos I am bronzed and bleach blonde. Big guy and I went on Saturday afternoon around three. It wasn't that warm out and the sun was hiding behind clouds. But big guy didn't care. In fact, none of the kids cared that it was just a note too cool. Big guy literally walked around the kiddie pool for an hour nonstop. Slapping his hands in the water, playing with buckets, talking non stop, essentially oozing joy. I was so excited, he was just in great spirits. We got out at one point to eat some BBQ chips and drink some water. Then we were back in the pool. A little cooler now, but big guy didn't care. He saw some bigger kids crouching in the pool with just their heads out, so big guy gave it a try. Ah, now the joy seemed to double and we crouch/walked another circuit through the pool. Finally, his lips started to chatter, so we had to go. But he did such a good job getting out and heading home. The next night, we went back. It was warmer, sunnier, and we convinced hubs to come with us. Big guy was just as thrilled. He was loving life. And since th weather was. Iced, it was more pleasant for me to be in the water longer. But hubs tired quickly, so we got out and had out BBQ chips earlier. But same deal, big guy was more than happy to be in the pool for hours at a time. And I think, this is the best $200 I've spent already this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment