Tuesday, September 18, 2012

help

One of the favorite words that big guy has recently learned is "help."  Only he says it really nasally and the "p" is almost silent.  it's hysterical.  I'm so glad I taught it to him because he says help constantly.  most often when he's playing with something and it's not working out for him.  But sometimes he really does need help.  The cool thing for me is seeing him make connections though, which I've noticed with the word help.

Ever since big guy has started noticing fire truck sirens- so since he's been a baby, I've explained that when we hear sirens that it means someone is getting help.  I say this automatically when we hear sirens or see car/trucks with sirens.  So, here's the connection.  at night we read "curious george takes a train."  which really should be titled curious george goes to the train station- since there is no train riding.  I digress.  anyway, big guy loves this book.  And in this book george helps a little boy from falling onto the tracks.  And after reading it for the umpteenth time, I start the line about george helping and big guy starts making "woo-ooh-woo-ooh" noises like a siren.  And I look over and he says, help!  That's it, he made the connection with different kinds of help.  genius child!

No comments:

Post a Comment