Friday, September 14, 2012

School and snot

The first week of school went well. Big guy was deciding whether or not he was going to like this new year. But over labor day break, the school rearranged all the classes, so upon return, big guy was moved to a bigger class with more running room and new toys. Score!  Second week was only four days, but of course big guy got sick. I just knew he would get it. We were standing next to some girl the first day back who,was all snotty and she sneezed. I looked and big guys teacher and was like, we will have that tomorrow. 

I was wrong, we had it by Thursday afternoon, but you get the point. He was snotty. Then like a good son he gave the cold to me by Saturday night. So, besides the saturday afternoon trip to the target, where big guy dumped every known snack item in our cart, we were pretty pathetic all weekend. By Sunday we had started coughing, then puking because we were coughing so much. Which led to waking up around eleven to clean up puke, loads of laundry and our good friend albuterol in the nebulizer. 

So, thinking is cant get worse. Oh oh! Apparently it could. I get a call on Tuesday at noon saying that big guy had gotten into a scuffle over a toy and the other kid pushed him. Of course they were in the one area on the playground with concrete and big guy took a sliding nosedive into the ground. He looks majorly beat up. He has a scrape on his forehead, nose, upper lip to nose region and chin. Like he was in a boxing match. So, we were really in bad spirits that night. 

However, yesterday the snot had lessened.  Today it was dramatically down. And big guy was feeling good enough to actually eat dinner, let me take him for a walk, go to the local kids bookstore, play outside with me for an hour. Ah, so nice to have my bub back. And when I just out him down for bed, he actually fell asleep while I was reading his nighttime book, "curious George takes the train." which I've never seen him do. It was both adorable and pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment