Tuesday, September 4, 2012

big boy bed

on sunday, hubs finally built big boy's bed!  super cute- white toddler bed from ikea with two cut out sheep on the headboard.  big guy was fascinated with the building process.  as well as all the little parts- screws, nuts, bolts.  After building, big guy snuggled up and laid down.  a good start!  we used his crib mattress and I added one of our sheets for a blanket, as his room is on the warm side.  the first night he only did a few hours, but fell asleep well.  the second night came with knowing he was going to sleep there.  And big guy and I had gone to the bed bath and beyond to get him his own pillows.  I think this made a huge difference.  last night he fell asleep early, something about the bad night sleep the night before got to him.  but he stayed in his bed all night, waking twice to get a reassuring hug from me before returning to sleep.  I'm so impressed with him.  it's such a big boy move!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment