Thursday, August 30, 2012

pre-school

Big guy has officially been in pre-school for three days.  His teacher, Ms. K is very nice, but definitely isn't huggy/kissy teachers of daycare.  In fact, she's on a mission.  When I picked big guy up on Wednesday and asked about his day... She was like, "big guy likes to run.  He really likes to run."  To which I replied, "Yes.  Have you gotten him on an open soccer field yet?  Then you can see how much he likes to run." As we walked into class, she started peppering me with questions about talking and potty training.  whoa!!!  She mentioned how he was grunting and pointing at things he wanted, but was sure that he was talking a lot when I was with him.  I explained that he definitely talks a lot with me, even more so then he does when it's he and hubs.  I just said to ask him to use his words.  She was like, "OK, I'll prompt him more."  Then she went right into potty training questions.  Which honestly, I kind of made up an answer.  I was so going to do it this summer, but that didn't work out.  I mean, big guy will sit on the potty and he thinks it's fun, but he's not interested in doing anything on it.  But when he gets into the tub, he will pee if you tell him to.  and he knows what pee and poop are.  He's very interested in seeing his poop.  We have deep discussions about poop in the diaper.  Anyway, I told her this and she was like, "OK, I'll keep offering him the potty."  and then I thought, Oh, crap, I better start that too!!!  hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment