Thursday, August 30, 2012

I'm an adult

this morning, big guy and I were enjoying a free day together- as we have off for labor day weekend- five day break until we both return to school.  Big guy was watching curious george while eating a bowl of cereal.  I was tidying the kitchen and hubs was frying up some bacon.  The kittens were running around like crazy.  And our old cat was looking at me desperately to let her out the screen door.  I slid the door open and bam!  it hit me- I am an adult!

Not like I haven't been an adult for a while.  But something about letting the cat out made it seem real.  really real.  And I had some perspective.  I'm an adult with an awesome life.  Job. House. Cars. 3 cats. Wonderful hubs.  Fantastic son. It was a pretty amazing moment.  Then one of the cats started climbing up the screen door and I had to yell to get down.  Back to the day to day.  But it was nice to have that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment