Sunday, August 26, 2012

end of summer

tomorrow starts the school year again.  and, I'm in a foul mood and have been all weekend.  Which is of course unfair to big guy and hubs.  Snippy-ness, short fuse, it's all bad.  the truth is, I'm sad that I have to go back to the real world.  Sad that big guy doesn't get to be with me every second of the day.  I'll miss him desperately!  WE've had so much fun this summer.  And this week was really fun, as we tried to squeeze in every ounce of summer we could.

Monday we visited his new teacher at school- excuse me- pre-school!  Ack!  She seems nice.  there is a new director whose daughter will be in big guy's class- bonus!  So, I'm feeling better about his school situation.  Tuesday we went to the zoo- so fun!  We hit up the carousel, tree house, train ride, and big guy's favorite gift shop before we even stopped to see the monkey house.  We visited the birds for the first time in a while.  It was really enjoyable, just me and the little man strolling through the zoo, going at our own pace.  WEdnesday, we went into work, where big guy again was on awesome behavior.  He sat and watched all of Toy Story 3!  Impressive, and then I sobbed at the end.  Thursday we got big guy's haircut!  Such a big boy cut- he looks more and more like a little boy, which I suppose he is, but it's just so bizarre.  For goodness sakes- he'll be three years old in six months.  Following the haircut, we went to the pool and didn't nap!!!  But friday we made up for it and slept most of the day away.  So relaxing just playing and sleeping all day.  We watched the Lorax at night and continued to have fun. Saturday is mostly the same as friday.  But today we went to the Morris Arboretum, where they have a model train exhibit- which was just awesome for big guy.  He only tried to break into the train tracks twice!  And after a great nap- which took me an hour to wake him up from, we had an "end of summer" dinner out at Ruby's- where I downed an entire peanut butter cup milkshake, mmmmm.

and yea, I know I will be fine.  and big guy will be fine.  But i'm still sad that my real world isn't the time in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment