Monday, August 27, 2012

first day of school

Today was big guy's first day back at school.  Hubs said drop off was awful- the guilt got to him.  Big guy apparently gave him the, "wait, aren't you staying with me like mommy did the other day," look!  And then he said, "me not bad!"  As if he was being left there as punishment.  hubs was pretty upset, but I called around 10:30 and the director was super nice and said he was doing great by the time she dropped her daughter off.  When I came to pick him up, he was still awake- but his teacher said he sat quietly during nap time and practiced taking his shoes on and off.

When I walked in, he gave me a big hug and proceeded to eat all the food in his lunch bag, though he had eaten a good lunch.  he had a great day back at school.  played outside, played with a fire truck, rode a bike, planted a lima bean- overall, a really good day.  Upon leaving, we headed to the whole foods to get some fixings for dinner.  Big guy managed to eat in the hour we were shopping- a bag of pirate's booty, bag of baby carrots, 20 pretzel chips, a fruit and yogurt bag, half a granola bar, and drink a chocolate milk drink box!!!  Then he promptly fell asleep from 4-5:30.  Upon waking he was super grouchy, but we watched puss in boots the movie and ate a yogurt.  A successful first day of school!

1 comment:

  1. I had to write that this made me laugh. I'm always hungrier when I'm at work, as opposed to at home.

    ReplyDelete