Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The plans of mice, men and moms

Wednesday brought with it the visits for little man's new school. Both big guy and little man are starting their new school on June 15th. And conveniently, at least for the summer, they are in the same building, one downstairs, one upstairs. I had the visit timed for 10am so little man could nap and nurse before we went. I even convinced big guy that hubs should drop him off at school so I could get a shower and not have to rush!

Alas, my plans did not go the right way. Hubs and big guy were out ok, but then little man didn't want to nap. So, I nursed him (last 9am feeding!) and he still didn't go to sleep. I took a shower.  Tried nap after shower. No go. I decided I would drive around for a while and then go to appointment. No dice! He fell asleep ten minutes before we got there and then promptly woke up when I stopped the car. Sigh. I was really nervous about him being a crank but it turned out ok.

We said hello to everyone and then checked out the teachers, room and playground for little man this summer. It's awesome. He's going to love it. His teachers are super nice and playful. Asking appropriate questions. They were talking to him and encouraging him. It was really great! Little man took off to walk around with the push toys and then was playing peek a boo. He totally ditched me. Then he found the sand box and I knew he was happy. My feelings of anxiety and way way down now. Which is nice because I didn't sleep last night!

I also got to meet big guy's kindergarten teachers. There are 2 of them, as well as the curriculum supervisor for the 3 kindergarten classroom. I shared my concerns about big guys school experience this far and the supervisor was thoughtful, insightful and reassuring. And apparently he will be reading by the time he leaves there!

Overall, though we didn't nap, it was a really great visit and I'm excited. I was assured that lots of fun paperwork was on it's way to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment