Saturday, December 25, 2010

And we're done

Breastfeeding. Well, almost. So, after big guy couldn't eat properly due to his tummy bug and my supply tanked due to the same tummy bug, he wouldn't eat with me at all on sunday. In fact, I used up my whole freezer supply (not that I had that much.) He will breastfeed with me before bed, so I'm still considering him a breastfed baby- we made it 10 months!

I am so profoundly sad that this is how it ended. I realize that I griped about it a lot. And that we were going to start weaning soon anyway, but it sucks that his last attempts are Bfing during the day are him screaming at the top of his lungs and trying to get away from the ta-tas. poor girls. poor big guy. poor me.

Anyway, a week later, I can look at the situation and be OK with it. It's a change in our lives. He doesn't need me as much, he's a big boy. And it is really cute watching him drink from a bottle. He doesn't want to hold it, even though he can. He wants you to hold it and he holds onto your wrist to push it away or pull it back. big guy is still just as squirmy. I get the feeling that he isn't as calm drinking it as he was bfing. that makes me feel like it was a really special connection/activity that we did together everyday for ten months! ten months! holy cow!

So, still a breastfed baby, but now with a little formula mixed in. And truthfully, he gets whole milk in less than two months- moo!

No comments:

Post a Comment